There are a number of reasons why a fire may smoke into the room. Check the following points before contacting your local Warmington retailer:
- The chimney may need to be cleaned.
- If the chimney has been swept and the fire is smoking, check that the sweep has reassemblied the flue system and fire correctly.
- Check that the cowl and bird protection is clean and clear.
- Check that the flue is not obstructed, eg. bird nest or other obstruction.
- Check that the damper is fully open when first lighting the fire.
- Make sure you have enough flue for the correct up-draft (draw) of the fire.
- If you have made alterations to your home, or there has been further development in the area, eg new home or increase in nearby tree height, this can effect the up-draft of the fire.
- Make sure you are producing enough heat to allow the firebox and gather to get hot. The fire will not draw properly if the flue is cold, and smoke will issue into the room.